- Griefer, Google Cooking and other Neologisms
- In Search of Neologisms with Esther Dyson
- More Neologisms with TPM’s Josh Marshall
- Jimmy Wales on Wikipedia – the word!
- Tim Wu’s neologism: Network neutrality!
- Ethan Zuckerman’s homage to homophily
- To friend or not to friend: Judith Donath on online social status
Neologisms are defined as new words or phrases (or new uses of a word or phrase). And what better place to find them than at a gathering of netizens (itself a neologism) steeped in the new world of the “net”. The Berkman Center for Internet and Society, at Harvard, recently celebrated its 10th anniversary, and ThoughtCast was there, fishing for novelty…
Internet guru Esther Dyson came up with an expression I’d never heard before… Have you? Here’s a clue: what does Google have to do with your refrigerator??!!
Click here: (1 minute) to find out!
But wait, there’s more!
- Jimmy Wales, the founder of the free online encylopedia Wikipedia, shares his thoughts on the power of one incredibly successful neologism – that amazing name!
- The term network neutrality was the brainchild of Tim Wu of Columbia Law School. So what does this term mean, and what power does it have?