- Harvard Book Store author talks: David Ferry
- Harvard Book Store author talks: Carol Bundy
- Getrude Stein, Alice B. Toklas & Janet Malcolm!
- Harvard Book Store author talks: Kevin Smokler
- Harvard Book Store author talks: Alan Dershowitz
- Jonah Lehrer on Emotional Hijacking and “How We Decide”
- Public Media Maverick Jay Allison
- James Carroll Takes On Jerusalem
- How Fiction Works — with James Wood
- Talks@Harvard Book Store: Sean Dorrance Kelly
In this ThoughtCast, noted author James Carroll talks about his latest book, “Jerusalem, Jerusalem”, at the Harvard Book Store, in Cambridge Massachusetts. The city of course serves as both holy ground and flash point for Judaism, Christianity and Islam, and at times during their tumultuous histories, these three monotheistic religions have turned their city into not a place of peace and prayer, but a violent battleground.
Carroll is also the author of the highly regarded book “Constantine’s Sword”, which examines the shocking tale of Christian anti-Semitism from the time of Christ through Nazism and the Second Vatican Council. Carroll’s personal fascination with religion has led him to be both a believer and a skeptic, a critical historian and a man of faith, which is an interesting combination in these unsettling times.