- Harvard Book Store author talks: David Ferry
- Harvard Book Store author talks: Carol Bundy
- Getrude Stein, Alice B. Toklas & Janet Malcolm!
- Harvard Book Store author talks: Kevin Smokler
- Harvard Book Store author talks: Alan Dershowitz
- Jonah Lehrer on Emotional Hijacking and “How We Decide”
- Public Media Maverick Jay Allison
- James Carroll Takes On Jerusalem
- How Fiction Works — with James Wood
- Talks@Harvard Book Store: Sean Dorrance Kelly
James Wood, the sincere, somewhat old-fashioned, unpretentious yet high-minded New Yorker literary critic, spoke at the Harvard Book Store recently about his new book, How Fiction Works.
Click here: to listen (30 minutes).
Also… ThoughtCast will be interviewing Wood shortly – hooray! – and we’re interested in your input! We’d like to discuss, among other topics, different kinds of literary creativity. What makes a great critic, rather than, say, a great novelist, or poet? What does the critic look for? How personal is the art of criticism, and how much a matter of taste – or instinct? Just how ‘creative’ is it?
Please add your thoughts in the comments section below, or email them to feedback at thoughtcast dot org!