- Griefer, Google Cooking and other Neologisms
- In Search of Neologisms with Esther Dyson
- More Neologisms with TPM’s Josh Marshall
- Jimmy Wales on Wikipedia – the word!
- Tim Wu’s neologism: Network neutrality!
- Ethan Zuckerman’s homage to homophily
- To friend or not to friend: Judith Donath on online social status
neologisms – new words, or phrases. Take the word blog, for example, or broadband. These are now old-hat neologisms even my mother would recognize. But neologisms can also be existing words that acquire new meaning, like the term spam. Or the word friend – that’s now a verb! People friend each other on social networking sites like Facebook all the time!
So what better place to look for neologisms than at a conference devoted to the “Future of the Internet”, held by the Berkman Center for Internet and Society at Harvard University.
Click here: to listen to Esther Dyson, Jimmy Wales, Tim Wu and Judith Donath (4 minutes). Or check out this 1 minute video with MIT Media Lab assoc. professor and Harvard fellow Judith Donath…