- Harvard Book Store author talks: David Ferry
- Harvard Book Store author talks: Carol Bundy
- Getrude Stein, Alice B. Toklas & Janet Malcolm!
- Harvard Book Store author talks: Kevin Smokler
- Harvard Book Store author talks: Alan Dershowitz
- Jonah Lehrer on Emotional Hijacking and “How We Decide”
- Public Media Maverick Jay Allison
- James Carroll Takes On Jerusalem
- How Fiction Works — with James Wood
- Talks@Harvard Book Store: Sean Dorrance Kelly
Kevin Smokler, the author, critic and literary blogger, has recently edited a book of essays called “Bookmark Now: Writing in Unreaderly Times.” Its aim is to remind the world of the relevance of reading, eh, books. Not just summaries of books, or book reviews, or headlines about books, but the real thing. No matter if the book is a bunch of cartoons, the latest supermarket bodice buster, or issued from the Apple PowerBook of yet another disaffected kid from Brooklyn — you know, the one with the rectangular glasses, pale skin and perfectly uncoiffed hair.
It’s all good to Kevin, and who can disagree with him. He spoke with ThoughtCast shortly before he took the mike at the Harvard Book Store.